pretty

pretty

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Bloody Toe!

loooong night. When the Doc finally got the chance to look at it the bleeding had slowed a little. But as soon as he cleaned it off it started all over again. He tried to stop it but had no luck. He finally decides to remove the nail. The nail had snapped right at the base of his nail bed. So he removed the nail...which I dealt with really well. It wasn't until an hour of him messing around with it and him finally leaving that it hit me. UGH!!! I almost passed out. They got me on the bed next to Cody and put cold rags on my head. I felt sick. I don't have a strong stomach for that stuff and that was REALLY bad! Anyhow I felt better after about 30 minutes and Codys toe was still bleeding. The Doc said that he could go home and keep it up. He was going to call the Podiatrist first thing in the morning. So we went home, very tired! The Podiatrist call early the next day. We were there by 9am. When he took the bandage off (that had bled through) Codys toe was STILL bleeding. They figured the nail nicked an artery when it snapped. He just bandaged it up again and told him to stay off it for the next few days. He did. He kept it up high and got treated like royalty. Everyone waited on him. He loved it. We went back to the Podiatrist on the following Monday and he said that it looked ok and said that it should start getting better. It did finally stop bleeding for the most part! It was quite the adventure!

1 comment:

sara and gailon said...

SO cool! So that is what your toe looks like under the nail!!! I always wondered and now I know. Thanks so much for my moment of podiatry education!!